Thursday, December 31, 2015

Moving forward into 2016...

This is the point where I'd normally make some big, solemn pronouncement, but I'm too elated with how the current New Year logo up on display turned out.

The bookends on either side of the main banner come from an idea I've had for a long time, but had never quite figured out how to carry out. It started out with a concept for an animated logo:

"We look at a champagne glass in long shot and move forward. As we get closer and closer, we see the bubbles in greater detail. Gradually, the bubbles turn into tiny Millennium Museum logos. One of them pauses halfway and grows to fill up the screen."

The animation idea never went anywhere, and the third sentence is now all that remains. Here, I'll show you what I mean in close-up:


...Granted, it doesn't quite carry across at smaller resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment