Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas and a Happy 3rd Anniversary!

I just remembered that the Millennium Museum turned three years old just three days ago! That it's been online for that long is pretty impressive.

Still, I didn't log-on today just to gloat. It's time for some actual content!




I bought Celeste at this year's "Memories to Go" village-wide garage sale. She was marked at $25, but her wings fell off as I was buying it...I used this to haggle her price-tag down to $15! (Aren't I just a naughty boy?) To think it was $119 on first release!

On to the facts: Celeste was a limited-edition collector's piece from the Danbury Mint. She "is dressed in a flowing, hand-tailored tunic featuring layers of silken fabric trimmed in gold and accented with golden cordage...Her graceful wings are made of genuine feathers."

She is rather gorgeously made, I will say that much. Believe it or not, I got her more-or-less complete: she had her wings, trumpet, banner, and the brochure (pictured) that came with her. I may have the certificate of authenticity, but I'm not sure. (Unless it's included on the bottom of her stand...)

Upon first release, I estimate that she only really appealed to those who already collected angel figurines. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Danbury had a long-running line of angels to begin with, and this was just the 2000 edition. It's kitsch, but I'm glad I found her when I did (and I only bought her because I didn't have my camera on me at the time!).




No comments:

Post a Comment