Monday, December 29, 2014

Year 2000 Bell

Just before the year ends, I'm going to try to get in a few more posts. This one is a "fluff" piece without much information, but it's a Millennium thing all the same.



Date: c.1998/1999; manufacturer unknown

I found this in a St. Vincent DePaul thrift store in October or so, along with National Geographic Beyond 2000: The Explorers, a tape which I'll review later on.

Um...For once, we have something that I know nothing about! I've looked everywhere on its surface, and there are no other distinguishing marks, aside from the "2000" stenciled on the front. No "made in China;" no company information; nothing.

I think this one falls into a category I made earlier: "Slap '2000' on it and we'll make some money." This could very easily have been a Christmas bell, but with something other than "Merry Christmas" put on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment