Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas and a Happy (Belated) Second Birthday!

Hello again, after a very long absence!

As the old saying goes, "one year makes all the difference." I was able to contribute so much more last year because I was working part-time...and because of that, I had several days off, during which time the Museum had all the drawings and Christmas stuff and more regular postings.

Still, I do what I can. One of my resolutions for 2015 is to post more often.

However, having said all that, let's celebrate with an Item or two.




As you can see, this is the full-sized version of Hallmark's ornament, which I posted either last year or the year before. Interestingly enough, the back of the box features an ad for the upcoming ornament, which features a rough early prototype. 

I found her at Evergreen Park's annual "Memories to Go Village Garage Sale" this past May; the year before, I found the Chicago Blackhawks beanie-bear and the M&M's dispenser. The seller had at least two or three of these, and I chose the best one for $25 or so.

This is a much more upscale doll than the normal, on-the-shelves ones. I do believe that it was either sold as part of Mattel's collector's club, or as Toys'R'Us/Walmart/Target exclusives. Her dress appears to be made of lamé, and it has a lot of snowflake sequins attached to it. As far as motifs are concerned, her two main colors are silver and gold, which appear on a lot of the items I've covered in past entries. 

It's truly one of the better additions to the Museum's shelves, and I'm proud to have it in the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment