Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Halifax Millennium Markers, part one

In the lead-up to the year 2000, Halifax, the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, launched a campaign to celebrate the area's rich history and look forward to the future.

Tourists could visit markers at important historical sites throughout the area, and the Board of Tourism printed up a pamphlet featuring a map with all the markers.

I was able to take pictures of one of the pamphlets at Halifax's huge public library while I was on a cruise through Boston, Maine, and parts of Canada over the summer, and shall host its entire contents on the Millennium Museum.

The opportunity to take pictures of this book literally fell into my lap while I was wandering around Halifax waiting for a Titanic-themed excursion. At the time of finding out about it, I had about a half-hour until I had to get back to port and get on the coach bus. There are about sixteen pages in the book, and, being strapped for time, I had to get as much of it as I could. If an image turned out blurry but readable, it would have to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment