Tuesday, June 13, 2017

I've designed a new print logo!

This is something I thought of a couple of years ago, but didn't put much thought into how it was going to work. I had already done a few rough sketches, but they ultimately went nowhere. And then I had a flash.

Here is the Museum's new print logo, suitable for business cards and stationery.


As you can see, all the elements are there: the clock face, the "2000," and the Copasetic font, but arranged in a slightly more mature way.

I think the problem with earlier drafts was, the "Museum" part was either right next to "Millennium" (making it too cluttered) or exactly underneath and centered with "Millennium" (making it look not quite right to the eye). Having "Museum" underneath but starting from the last "M" in "Millennium" lends it an unusual quality.

The first is the white-print version, and the second is a transparency version, intended for inserting into backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment