Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day 2014!

Right, first things first: The image in the left and right boxes on the banner is supposed to represent a necktie.

Before I write anything else, I'd like to share the immediate future of the Museum with you:

I'm going to have a few themed posts once Baseball Season rolls around. The centerpiece of these posts will be a set of 26 trading cards depicting the USA 2000 baseball team at the Sydney Olympics.

For Halloween, I do have Dracula 2000 and maybe the TV series Millennium on the shortlist of things to be covered.

Hmm...There's a little space for "Back to School" on the agenda. I'll take a look and see what I have left over in terms of books.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Date: unknown. Manufacturer: unknown

I found this most unusual tie at the Flamingo Island Flea Market in Bonita Springs, FL, while I was on vacation. At the moment, I regret not getting a better detail on the tie, because this is definitely one of the Museum's weirder exhibits. At the bottom of the tie, you can see "2000" stacked in yellow and green. That's fairly obvious. Here's where it gets head-scratchingly strange: Three Holstein cows are frolicking around the main logo; above them, white "2000" logos are done in a graffiti-like font. 

I'm not entirely sure what cows have to do with the year 2000. Internet searches aren't turning up anything, and there wasn't a manufacturer on the back of it, so I'm not going to have a cow over it (pun certainly intended). Into the "Miscellaneous" section it goes!




Date: 2000 vintage. Manufacturer: unknown

Another item I found while on vacation, this throw is without a doubt 2000 vintage. The amazing thing about it is, I didn't even know we had it until now! Chances are, Mom got it because it had those Nightmare Before Christmas-like spirals on it, without any connection to the new millennium. 

It was an elegant black-and-white once, but time and storage have conspired to discolor it into chocolate brown and ecru. The spirals, stars, and other decorations are meant to be New Year's confetti, and in the middle of all that is "Celebrate 2000!" in a font that I can't presently identify, but I have seen it before somewhere. It's something named after an artist...I'll have to check and see what I wrote in an earlier draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment