Sunday, January 19, 2014

Life updates that aren't really "connected" to the Museum, but still...

Big news, everyone!

I've started a class at Moraine Valley that looks like it'll take up much of the time I'd otherwise use to design the Museum, BUT it should be invaluable in overhauling the blog site from time to time. You see, it's a class in Management Information Systems, and there's a heck of a lot about web design in it. If all goes well, and if I apply what I learn, then we could be looking at a Millennium Museum 3.0 in the near future! How about that, eh?

Meanwhile, here's something I did for fun a little while ago:

 
 
It's my little riff on the Golden Tickets from Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The difference here, is, the Silver Ticket gets you into the Museum at any time you want!
 
I did all of this in Microsoft Word within the space of two hours or so, most of which went into the large logo at the top of the ticket. (A "word" to the wise: Merging a bunch of distinct elements into a single, unified image is more of a pain than it should be. Once you have it all merged, resizing it deforms the image somewhat. Bear in mind, though, that I'm still working from Word 2007.)


No comments:

Post a Comment