Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Happy Ninth Anniversary!

 A lot has happened--and I mean A LOT--within nine years. I started this blog at the end of 2012, at one of the lowest points of my life. No job to speak of, ever-dwindling funds, a few large outstanding bills, an extremely wild hairdo, and..let's just say I was kind of hoping for the Mayan calendar prophecy to come true. So I did what I'd always done for the better part of six years: got writing. And this little corner of the Web became a job that I could hopefully make some money off of. 

Here we are, nearly a full decade on. My job has gotten much more hectic than it was even five years ago, which sort of deadens the motivation to write. And, as it happens, I have lost almost all of my nice banners...the logo needs a freshening-up anyway. 

Oh, AND, as if things couldn't possibly make me feel older, come to find out that The Lord of the Rings movies turn twenty this Christmas season. Come on, man, that's just cruel. It feels like a century ago, a different world.


No comments:

Post a Comment