Sunday, July 12, 2015

"Millennium": Introduction

Hello again, and welcome back to The Millennium Museum!

Lately, I've been experimenting with "series" posts instead of the usual "one item, one post" approach. It gets kind of boring after a while, I admit, which is why I had to take a break from The Life Millennium and write a couple of lighter posts, just to give my brain something else to do.

That said, Life taught me something: If I'm to stick with the longer style, I'd better do something different and creative with it. This next stretch of posts, covering the first season of the 1996-1999 series Millennium, is set to be very different from the usual reviews and episode guides you'd normally find.

One word of caution: My guides are merely a supplement to the series, a way to further your understanding of how the show fits into the bigger picture of the years leading up to the millennium. In order to truly understand, you'll have to find the episodes for yourself. Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube are good places to start; as for me, I got the complete box set on Amazon for about $35 used...I still say that it's one of my better purchases.

That's not to say I'm about to leave you stranded. Millennium isn't as well-remembered as its parent show, The X-Files (perhaps owing to its short, three-season lifespan), so I will take you through the main action of each episode. I'm not going to do a typical, dry, scene-for-scene synopsis, though...You'll just have to read on to find out what that is!

There will be a few key illustrations here and there, borrowed from my copy of the Complete Series boxset. In the spirit of good faith, I'll make sure to credit them at the bottom of every page.


Are you ready? Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment